Invisibility/Invisible Girl

 Invisible Girl

Back again to the long, dark hallway of my lonely life

I being once more to feel suffocated.

My legs struggle with each heavy step.

My lungs burn.

I watch over and over the memories I have,

They are from before.

Before it happened!

I pause the first eye-catching memory.

Its of me dancing in a little blue dress,

It is the happiest of my memories.

The next is much darker.

I fall to my knees trying to ignore the demon.

The dark memory is of the first time I was hurt.

By those I was meant to trust the most. 

It finally all fades to black, as tears well up in my soft hazel eyes.

For I am the invisible girl, the one that no person ever sees nor notices.

I am pain incarnate!

I am the innocent and left behind ghost of your inner nightmare.

FOR I AM THE INVISIBLE!

I can barely breathe now, as it go's an even darker shade of black.

My conscience fades.

The sirens come too late

I am gone.

All because you chose not to listen, because you couldn't hear me.

(Note from Miss Raven- I know many of people affected by domestic abuse, and have been myself affected by this topic. Please not this is not my perspective, despite my writing it. This is just an example of how these situations can affect people.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

how i function how i feel

Strong Wind

The best writers